Lynn has returned home after a successful surgery. She is feeling well and in good spirits. Enjoying the flowers from everyone. Her home looks and smells wonderful. Phil, Katrina and I are taking good care of her.
-- Nurse Colette
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you're home safely! What can we do to help? I will be back in NH in mid-Feb to help my parents move. In the meantime, lots of hugs and kisses to you. Anna Duncan is going through a similar bout right now. She has started chemo. Much love, Kate, Dave and the girls
ReplyDeleteI wish we were closer and could do more to help--we are thinking of you every day. Our close friend Laura Drachman (who lives in NYC) was treated at Sloan Kettering for breast cancer several years back--let us know if for any reason you'd like us to connect you with her.
ReplyDeleteDear Lynn, Phil, Ian, and Kat: All the Blufords send our love to you. Now that we know, we will keep watch on this blog. Kat, please give your mom a hug for me.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nancy
Hi Lynn,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about your surgery. You are one of the strongest women I know -- its that German stock and that great attitude that will get you through just about anything. Knowing that you have your loving family around you brings me some peace of mind because you really have all you need to get through this. I can just hear your enthusiastic laugh and see your sparking smiling eyes as you recover from this with ease. Having a mastectomy does not sound a bit fun, but knowing you are being cared for by Nurse Colette makes it sound a little more appealing. So, heres to a quick recovery and looking foward to pictures of you braving the black diamonds or marathon shopping in NYC soon, or something fun like that! Love and hugs,
Elizabeth
Dear Lynn et all,
ReplyDeleteI was so incredibly happy to hear that your surgery was a success. I wish we lived just a tad bit closer. I'll see how I'm doing after I have my thing done and then we might be able to come up and help out, or just visit!!! You are an incredibly strong person and strength is what you'll need to get through this ordeal. Look to how you'll feel in three months, six months etc....It seems to work well for me as I can visualize how I'll be then and not give a thought to what's happening now. Hope I don't sound like a goofball, just trying to provide some insight and help I've received from previous bouts with surgery and the unknown. I just have a strong feeling you're going to come out just fine when all is said and done.
Great wishes and lots of love,
Tom & Sue
hey mom! glad to know you're doing well i love you.
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn:
ReplyDeleteWe have been praying that your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery. I know with Colette's awesome support all will be smooth at your house, so all you have to worry about is getting well. What would we do without sisters. I sent you some goodies that should arrive next week. I decided I'd rather have food than flowers after most surgeries I've had, so enjoy. Soon it will all be a distant memory and you can count yourself among those who have beaten the disease. Love, Theresa Ryan
Dear FAVORITE cousin, Lynn,
ReplyDeleteI/we are so... happy that surgery went well, and hoping & praying for a speedy recovery. Just one question, when you are finished with Nurse Colette, can you send her my way? ha ha. Please rest, and know that I am here for you.
Love you lots,
Cousin Laura
Cousin Laura
Dear Lynn, Phil, Ian and Kat:
ReplyDeleteWe're so glad to hear that your surgery went well, and that you're back home. We just know you're going to beat this!
Much love,
Debbie, Jeff, Lauren and Caety
Lynn: As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep that positive, upbeat spirit you carry with you. See you soon dear sister. I love you.
ReplyDeleteLorena
Lynn,
ReplyDeleteWe're all sending you our love! So happy the surgery went well. Wish we could be there with you. Hugs to all!
Love,
Liesl, Tom, Jake and Travdog
Lynn! I have to thank Tom so much for letting me know the goings on. I am so glad to hear you are rallying your usual amazingly high spirits for this challenging experience. I am sending you lots of gentle hugs from all of us. love love love love love Kelly & the gang
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn! We have been thinking about you and your family since we heard the news. Why beautiful people like you get such awful diseases is beyond me. I have reflected on our time spent together in New York this past September with such warm and fond memories! Thank you so much for showing me such a good time! Michelle and I enjoyed every minute we spent with you, Phil and Katrina! Please know that we are thinking of you and are looking forward to more good times in the big apple! Hello to the family and Colette and a special big hug and kiss for you, ana
ReplyDeleteMy dear Lynn..Just heard from Kelly about your ordeal..I was quite taken since I just received and marveled your lovely Christmas card this week, when all looked so well and dandy..But knowing you and your great spirits, fun loving gal, I am sure you will get through this slowly but surely. Hugs and kisses from all of us here up North, Lots of LOVE, XXX Elva
ReplyDeleteLynn, Just wanted you to know I will be praying for you. I am a 13 year survivor, My Siter is a 4 year survivor and my oldest Sister is battling with stage 4 breast cancer. Treatment has come along way so stay strong and hopeful.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you!
Love, Jody (Ellstrom) Barauskas
Lynn
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope you are feeling stronger every day and that your postive spirit remains strong and steady throughout this process. You are in a perfect location for the very best treatment...wishing you ALL the very best in the months to come.
Isabel
Lynn, So glad you are doing so well and I hear you have a GREAT nurse!!!!Please know We are thinking of you and I will see you soon LOVE, Sheila Mike and Matt
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you and praying for you all week! Remember, I'm only a few weeks ahead of you on the surgery, so if you need any pointers, give me a call. You can do this, girl! Just put that game face on and in six months from now, you'll be sittin' pretty!
ReplyDeletelots of love, allison & steve lang
Lynn,
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad that your surgery went well and you are now home with your loving family. You have so many people who love and support you. This blog is a wonderful way of reaping that positive energy that everyone is sending your way.
And science agrees with Tom and Sue…visualizing yourself as healed, strong, triumphant, and loved can speed up your recovery time.
Much love to you and your amazing family, Nanci, Rex, Lauren, and Erin
Hi Lynn,
ReplyDeleteGail told us the news and we've had you in our prayers. I'm glad you are home and have Colette there to help nurse you. We know that you are a really strong person and have faith that you will recover quickly.
Sending you our love and prayers! Vicki and Brian