Lynn's Diagnosis

Lynn has passed the year mark since her surgery and diagnosis of Breast Cancer December 2010. Please read our infrequent posts below to learn more information. Thank you all for your support!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Recovery Going Well!!

A visit to Reconstruction Surgeon and first drain out and Lynn feels like a new woman. Nurse Colette has reached the status of Lady in Waiting thanks to all the delicious dinners supplied by the Rye Community of friends. Colette, being the flower lady, has enjoyed receiving, watering and managing all the beautiful flower arrangements sent by so many of you. Lynn frustrated by not being able to lift more than 5 pounds or move furniture, but she is getting used to being doted upon. Lynn is enjoying life on the sofa with Little Rita, her loyal Ridgeback companion. Colette, Lynn's chauffeur is learning to drive New York style. Lynn is beginning to move more freely thanks to the exercise regime and daily dose of pain medication. Colette brought the California Sunshine to the East and we are enjoying highs of 41 degrees and sunny skies. We are watching Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel and thinking of all of you living through the Western Wallop.
We thank all of you for your positive thoughts, prayers and love.

Keep in Touch.
Lady in Waiting,
Nurse Colette.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Lynn and Colette for the update. Lynn your kitchen is beautiful in the great picture of you and the flowers. Thinking of you daily and prayers for a quick recovery.

    Love, chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Glad to see you looking so well. You dog is adorable. I was in tennis withdrawal all week until finally today we got three sets in. I don't remember it ever raining for 5 days in a row in our sunny southern Cal. Peter drove up to Mammoth Thursday night and the normal 5 hour drive took eight hours. I told him I remember the Vaughns doing that drive with snow all the way to Mojave, because Phyllis had to get home for work. Glad to hear the weather is sunny there. I think we are going to stay dry for a while now. Keep smiling, Love, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    Love the picture of Rita, she looks so cute.
    You look amazing!

    Colette, thank you for taking such good care of our dear friend, you're the best.

    Hope to see everyone soon.
    We miss the Gibb(ies)!
    Liesl, Tom and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn,

    Greetings from Thailand.I am so happy to know that you're recovering well, you look great in the pictures!

    Love,

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn,

    Hello from the soggy Bay Area. Thanks for the blog. It's good to see you looking so well. We are thinking of you.

    Love,
    Cathy, Tom and Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn,

    Bob and I just got back from our trip and are so happy to see you weathered the surgery looking so well. I tried to post on your blog from our laptop in Hong Kong, but all the writing on the site was in Chinese and I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to put in which blank!

    Thank goodness for sisters, what would we do without them? It sounds like Colette is doing a great job making you stay still.

    Hope to talk to you soon.

    All our love to you and Phil, Katrina and Ian and also Colette.

    Donna and Bob and Renata

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the updates on Lynn's condition. You girls and the flowers look soooo good! Thinking of you all the time. Please keep the updates coming! Love to all of you, ana Was it your birthday Colette? If so, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lynn, so much fun to see the photos, proving you're carrying on with your usual zest for life!

    I'm also glad to hear that you're allowing others to take care of you. That, as far as I'm concerned, is probably more than 50% of recovery!

    Thinking of you, always.

    Much love - the gang in Berkeley
    Kelly, Nick, Jessica, Andrea, Sarah and Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lynn,
    Hi, It's your Mom. Caden is helping me with Glenn supervising. I think the pads are too small for my fat fingers. I'm so happy you are doing well. Please do not over do around the house and enjoy your surroundings. I know you will miss Nurse Colette but I understand she might be back soon. Please let me know when I can come. You will need help and I want to be there when you start chermo. It is teacher conferences so today, Caden finds out how well he is doing.
    Dad/Grandpa is making waffles. Our day is beginning. Hope your day goes well.
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lynn,
    I think your blog is great! I do hope your recovery is continuing...thinking of you constantly. Please call me if you need anything, however small. I am in touch with Keiko and Chris about food.

    With best love XOXOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya Lynn,
    Do not hesitate to call in reinforcements. You know I'd drop everything at a moment's notice. Love the note from your Mom! When do you start the drudgery? Can you let me know?
    love always,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete