Round one of Adriamycin and Cytoxan (better known as AC) complete. Feeling pretty well now that the two week cycle is nearly over. Next round for chemo is Tuesday and all should be a go. I was lucky enough to get Colette to return for my first Chemo, so more sister bonding. Phil & Kat are steadfast so I have wonderful support. My sister-in-law, Lynn Blom, has arrived for second treatment and son Ian has flown in for the weekend from Boulder to see his mom. What a treat!! I feel blessed to have such a supportive family and friends to get me through this most interesting and challenging of times. I appreciate all the cards, flowers, phone calls, emails and food which arrive in a steady flow. I find myself overwhelmed by all this gratitude.
I have been fully entertained by the Olympics and I can report some of the up close and personals, should you need an update. The most impressive test of will has been from the cross country racer who slipped down a ravine in practice and then went on to win the bronze (yes, I am fully up to date on the cross country races and biathalon races). After the race she was taken to hospital and treated for 3 broken ribs and some back injuries. I really can't complain here as I sit watching these amazing athletes. Wait till I report on Curling. Will try to report sooner -- Until next time....Be well.....Lynn
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honey, you could complain but you're just a super trooper. You go to the doctor for your second infusion and wind up taking care of your flu-ridden husband. You might also mentioned that Adriamycin is fondly called the 'Red Devil' by the medical staff (urine is red after treatment). Hmmm.
ReplyDeletePhil
awww man, you guys are amazing. I'm not so sure about the Red Devil = "fondly" by any stretch of the imagination - whatever colour your urine is, it sounds like quite the ordeal, and I think about what you're going through all the time. Wish I could help somehow...
ReplyDeleteKelly
Hi Lynn,
ReplyDeleteMom & I are thinking of you while watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. We think of you all the time, and are AMAZED with your POSITIVE attitude and encouraged by your strength!
We are continually praying for a SPEEDY recovery, and LOVE YOU ALWAYS!
Aunt Betty, Laura & Brad
Just wanted to say hello and that I am thinking of you! Please let us all know how things are going. We all need to hear from you often so that we know how you are doing! Sending lots of love and hugs your way and hope to hear from you soon if you are up to it. Be well, ana
ReplyDeleteHow come you keep getting better looking as you are going through all this miserable stuff? Love all the pics. I guess you guys have had a real winter out there this year. So glad round 1 is over. Hang in there and keep remembering how blessed you are to have such a great family. Hope you get to see Debbie, and Julie and Patty while they are out there for Kate's graduation. Keep up the good work, Love, Theresa
ReplyDeleteDear Lynn and Gibbs family et al,
ReplyDeleteI cant tell you how happy I am to follow you're progress on the road to recovery, I think about you all the time and send all the positive thoughts I can muster. I remember when I was a lad my brothers would give me wedgies(daily) and back in the early 60's they called'em "red devils",..I think you're version is far more scary, YIKES!
Anyway, I will be back from Thailand in April and I look forward to being able to speak with you and Phil. By the way,looking at the picture of, "Storm at Rye beach" it occured to me if Phil wears that jacket everyday he's sorta got that big hair he said he wanted :-)
Take care,
Graham
Hey Lynn my darling. I too am keeping an eye on you from over here. You have a wonderful way of getting your humour slide in with the awful medicine. Lovely pictures to go along. Im am thinking of you and just marvel at you girl. You´ll beat this thing !! Hugs and kisses,.. Elva
ReplyDelete